Friday, July 31, 2009

An Important Meeting


I had an important meeting this week. One of those meetings you fear because you don't know what to say and you don't know how they'll respond. One of those meeting you are acutely aware of how inadequate you are. Needless to say, I was extremely nervous about it and praying my butt off.

As I was driving, I turned left off a major road and onto a side street. The truck in front of me slowed down and pulled over to the side of the road. I continued on past him. As I did, without signaling the truck turned left into me, he was trying to do a U-turn. I swerved, tires squealed, and angels pushed because I have no idea how I got past him. I as looked in my rear view mirror at the now stopped truck in the middle of the road, driver trying to gain his composer, the thought occurred to me, "Somebody doesn't want me to go to this meeting."

Needless to say I my anxiety and stress levels were through the roof. I begin crying out to God even more than before. Then in an instant I heard a response to my prayers, "Don't worry you have my authority, courage and peace to speak."

It's hard to measure success at times, but I as meeting go this one went well. In fact, we saw a small but direct answer to a prayer (prayed at that meeting) later that afternoon. I'm not sure what the long term fruit will be but I am encouraged.


PS. As I am writing this, I am reminded of the verses God brought me to through a young gal early this week...

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: 'For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.' No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." -Romans 8:35-39

No comments:

Post a Comment