Friday, July 3, 2009

Txt Msg Jesus

I am currently on vacation in Saskatchewan, so my only contact with teens has been limited to a few text messages. Tonight Jesus showed up in an incredible conversation with a young lady who's home life is less than desirable.

Girl - My dad found out about my missing ipod

Me - How is he handling it?

Girl - He's so mad. He yelled and now he's in his quiet stage... He'll come back and well for some more and eventually punish me...

Me - Does he ever get physical?

Girl - No he doesn't get physical. My stepdad did but my dad doesn't.

Me - My heart breaks for you

Girl - I hate it when he's mad and I'm stuck in my room... with my mom i could always get out. He won't let me.

Girl - And i just heard him pop open another fucking beer... Ugh tonight is going to suck.

Girl - It's times like these i need to remember it's been way worse before... but it still sucks.

Me - Jesus is in your room with you! I know it.

Girl - I hope so because i need him

Me - Ask him where he is. See what he says or reveals.

Girl - I think He's with my dad in the living room. I think his heart breaks for him. Because he's so lost and cannot see. I doubt he ever will

Me - Ask Jesus what he thinks

Girl - But I'm only human. I know Jesus thinks differently... and yes i know He's human too... but i can't change my mind on that.

Me - I'm not asking you to change your mind only to ask His opinion.

Girl - Jesus believes he can heal anybody. I think you can only heal those who are willing. And (my dad) will never be willing. He thinks he's perfect.

Girl - Deep down i know He's (Jesus) always right... trust is just one of those things i struggle with but i'm trying

Me - Jesus can work with that. Look what he's done with you so far.

Me - You said Jesus can only heal those who are willing. I think you're right. So maybe your prayer should be "soften his heart"

Girl - My prayer for my dad is amazing grace (as in the song) for he is blind and i just want him to see

No comments:

Post a Comment