Friday, October 2, 2009

It's Not You


Yesterday I spent many hours texting with a young lady. To sum up I spent most of the time trying to convince her of how much she'd changed in the last year. Then a few hours later I received another text from her.

Guess What!!!!?

What?

I've changed!

Okay, I agree but explain that to me.

Well... my friend, Megan, told me I wasn't the same person I was six months ago. And I realized she was right!

I had to laugh. That was exactly what I told her all day but for some reason her heart couldn't hear it at that moment or perhaps not from me. I am so glad she found hope yesterday even if it wasn't from me. We laughed about it today. I am so glad God doesn't need me to touch kids lives. I count myself blessed when he includes in the smallest detail of his work even if it's as a witness and not his star player. Here's to the benchwarmers!

No comments:

Post a Comment