Sunday, March 7, 2010

Writers Block

I've found it difficult to write lately. There are many reason's for that:

1.) Having a 6 week old son (I love coming home. Best distraction ever!)
2.) Having to protect young people's privacy (A complicated and important aspect of youthwork.)
3.) Olympic Addiction (I watched a lot of Olympics in my time off. I'm not gonna lie.)
4.) Having writer's block (I get two sentences in and don't know how to finish.)
5.) General Busyness (I think that's how you spell it?)

A few quick hits:

1.) Nightmares: Way too many young people struggling with nightmares of late. They could use your bedtime prayers.

2.) Cards: My latest connection point with young people: playing cards in the cafeteria. It's amazing how many new people I've met and what you'll learn about someone over a game of cards.

3.) Outta Practice: I have been asked to share as a guest speaker for a number of new groups. I am both excited and nervous: unlike many youthworkers, I don't do regular youth talks.

4.) Alcoholism & Anger: It's seems way too often that young people share with me how their dad's alcoholism and anger have destroyed their families and their young hearts. Father's your sin, it's not anonymous, the scars are permanent and ugly, and your children will bear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment